Description / History
We are privately offering our Morning Mist for sale. She is a 1993 Nordic Tug 32 foot semi-displacement boat (hull #32066), which we have lovingly taken care of since we bought her from the original owner in 2005. She has been a wonderful boat for our family of four, cruising around Alaska’s Prince William Sound every summer. Morning Mist is a very comfortable, safe boat that cuts through rough seas with little fuss, and offers you pleasant stays in a new cove every night. With her 160 gallons of fresh water storage you can stretch your trip out for most of a week without concern for refilling.
Morning Mist is powered by a 170 hp. Yanmar turbocharged diesel, and with her 270 gallon fuel tank can theoretically cruise a little under 1000 nautical miles on a tank. We have found 7.5 to 8 knots to be the economical comfort zone for this boat. Top speed is 12 knots. In addition to a 1000 watt inverter for ac power, she also has onboard a 5 kw Northern Lights/Lugger genset that can provide power when demand requires.
In 2012 we installed a brand new Portland Pudgy dinghy on Weaver davits, along with a new Honda 2 hp outboard. (Most of the photos shown here depict Morning Mist with the older inflatable dinghy, which is retired and no longer on the boat.) In 2013 we also installed four new Interstate 6v house batteries, and a brand new Espar D4 cabin heater.
Equipment / Specs
- Yanmar 4LHDTE 4 cyl. turbocharged diesel, 170 hp. (approx. 5000 engine hours)
- Additional engine oil filtration: Gulf Coast Heavy Duty Bypass filter system
- Lugger 5 kw generator (approx. 2600 hrs )
- Garmin Chartplotter GPS 182C
- Furuno radar, 24 nautical miles
- ICOM Marine VHF Radio, with Morad Electronics VF-156HD Antenna
- Raytheon ST5000 Hydraulic Autopilot
- Interphase Probe forward-looking depth sounder
- Helmsman magnetic compass
- laptop computer stand on helm
- 1000 watt Inverter
- SeaStar hydraulic steering system
- FloScan Marine Diesel Flow Meter
- SeaLand Sanex sanitary system
- Espar D4 cabin heater (new 2013)
- Seaward LPG gas cooking stove/oven
- Hot water heater
- Bruce style anchor, with 50 ft. 5/16" chain, 300 ft. of rode.
- 4 golf-cart sized 6 volt house batteries (new 2013)
- Yanmar engine start battery, 12 volt
- Lugger generator start battery, 12 volt
- Galley is equipped with a full set of dishes, utensils
- Sunbrella Bimini over aft cockpit
- 2012 Portland Pudgy dinghy, with new Honda BF2 long-shaft outboard motor
- Spare prop (computer scanned and tuned)
- Prop puller tool
- Full coverage custom made winter cover
- Full set of blocks and eight screw-jack stands
- Many extra parts, including starter, alternator, filters
- Shrimp pots, leaded line
Vessel data Sheet
More photos, including interior views, will be added as they become available.